Call For Talks
We’re excited to announce that the call for talks for Virtual R/Pharma 2023 is now open !!
R/Pharma 2023, the conference on all things Open Source in Pharma, will take place October 24th-26th 2022, preceded by Training Days the week prior. The conference will be fully virtual. An in-person portion of R/Pharma will be at posit::conf(2023) on Sept 18th. More information, including a link to booking R/Pharma in-person can be found here: https://posit.co/blog/register-for-r-pharma-at-positconf2023/
We are particularly interested in talks from people who cannot usually make it to the in-person event, or are newer to conference speaking. R/Pharma committee members are offering free speaker coaching: as long as you have an interesting R in pharma idea and are willing to put in some work, we’ll help you develop a great talk. Talks are short (10-20 minutes) high energy presentations that give you the chance to talk about an interesting project that you’ve tackled with R in pharma. Short talks, or demos of your R/Python code, R/Stan/Julia packages, and shiny apps are great options.
This year we will feature content broken out as below:
Day 1 will be R/Pharma, featuring mostly R talks.
Day 3 will be Open Source Advancing Healthcare & Drug Development, featuring content about the impact of Open Source to advance healthcare and drug development using tools such as machine learning, AI, deep learning, statistics. This topics will highlight advancements in areas such pharma, drug development, healthcare, medical devices, vaccines, precision medicine, personalized healthcare, Real-World Data and more! Our 3rd day will be shorter than the first 2.
We are particularly interested in submissions that have one or more of these qualities:
- Examples of how shiny is used for interactive reporting for late-stage work
- Showcase the use of Open Source for drug discovery and development
- Using Open Source AI in Pharma
- Applications from smaller pharma companies / biotechs
- Expand the use of R in pharma to reach new domains and audiences
- Combining R with other languages and tools, like Python, Julia, Tensorflow etc.
- Reporting/Communication using R Markdown, Quarto, Shiny, ggplot2, or something else altogether
- Discussions on how to teach R/data science effectively in pharma
- Talks on administering R in pharma and tackling scaling, packages, cloud, HPC etc.
Applications close August 11th.
To apply, please submit the form found at this link with your title and abstract that introduces you and your proposed topic.
SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT TODAY!